Tindall Associates, Inc., known as TAI (pronounced as T.A.I.), was founded in the mid-1970s and later incorporated as a privately held ‘C’ Corporation. The initial business was general insurance consulting.
In early 2018, TAI’s parent company, LOGiQ3 Group was acquired by RGAx. RGAx is the transformation engine and a wholly owned subsidiary of Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA). A Fortune 500 company, RGA is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions. Today, TAI is the premier provider of life reinsurance solutions in North American, with the capability of expanding to international markets. Reinsurance is global business, and TAI’s base system is flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of these new markets. TAI offers a complete software solution for the life companies to self-report all their reinsurance information; assumed, ceded or retroceded in an electronic format to share with their partners on a cost-effective basis.
TAI is seeking a talented Business Analyst responsible for providing insurance/reinsurance business analysis for a varying portfolio of TAI Life Reinsurance product development, product installation and consulting projects.
This individual will report to the Senior Business Analyst, and will be responsible for supporting life and health reinsurance clients across all functions of their reinsurance administration process (Administration, Operations, Technical Accounting, Claims, Billing, and Reporting). The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships, project and account management, and working with internal technical staff to implement life reinsurance solutions and services to TAI clients. The individual will also play an important role in the implementation of client projects, ranging from software implementations, upgrade projects, and custom modifications to align the TAI Life and Health Reinsurance system with the ceded reinsurance business processes for domestic and international clients. Under limited supervision (working individually or as part of a project team), the individual will perform complex research and analysis to support business operations, and develop recommendations to address problems/issues for their key client projects.
This position can be occupied from our Office in Toronto, Ontario but we are also open to candidate to work remotely.
- Lead and participate in the implementation of client projects.
- Collect, document, and analyze business requirements from key client accounts.
- Publish project reports and collaborate on a weekly and monthly basis with key client accounts and management.
- Provide training in the use of the TAI system, general reinsurance administration, and the process flow of using the TAI system for reinsurance administration within a clients’ process environment.
- Phone support for TAI clients in support of the system to determine training opportunities, TAI upgrade opportunities and/or TAI defects.
- Create and conduct test plans for new release/installations in conjunction with QA Manager.
- Conduct complex tasks and activities within TAI and/or externally to obtain information such as life reinsurance policy data, cession data, managing the implementation of insurance products and/or business process workflows into the TAI Life Reinsurance system. May work with other departments, conduct interviews, lead workshops, or conduct primary or secondary research to gather client data if information is not readily available.
- Analyze and develop reports, proposals for action or implementation plans as necessary and presents to management. Presentations may be formal or informal depending on the nature of projects. Communicates with other departments.
- Work within TAI to coordinate interdepartmental activities in order to ensure that TAI meets customer expectations. Proactively anticipates and resolves problems to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Work internally and externally across multiple functional areas including, Product Management, Project Management, Actuarial, Finance, Underwriting, Claims, and IT.
- 2+ years of experience in life and health reinsurance, policy administration, or related experience.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills: able to clearly link results to operational performance drivers; able to generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly communicate information in a manner that is easy to understand;
- Highly motivated and able to function in the absence of complete information. Ability to work independently and work across functional areas during projects.
- Ability to work with management and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree (Finance preferred)
- Skills and Certifications: FLMI, ARA, or industry related (asset).
- Experience writing and managing business specifications, technical specifications, project plans, and other project documentation.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, working knowledge of SQL, database software, and Access.
Key Factors for Success:
- Willingness to travel up to 40% domestically, for up to two weeks at a time on rare occasions.
- Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment.
- Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule.
- Willingness to learn to work with the tools and solutions selected by the team.
- Insatiable curiosity to understand and improve the state of art.
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships with all levels of personnel, customers, suppliers, consultants - both internally and externally.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and provides understanding of project related information to a diverse audience (engineers to executives)
This role operates in a professional office environment
Dexterity to operate a laptop computer, cell phone, office equipment and other equipment as needed
Ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time
Project work will require travel which may include domestic or international locations by means of air, train, auto, and/or walking
Mobility and ability to travel to / from client location(s) with a laptop computer, work material and luggage.
This job description is designed to cover or contain a general listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be added as required.