Tindall Associates, Inc., known as TAI (pronounced as T.A.I.), was founded in the mid-1970s and later incorporated as a privately held ‘C’ Corporation. The initial business was general insurance consulting.
In early 2018, TAI’s parent company, LOGiQ3 Group was acquired by RGAx. RGAx is the transformation engine and a wholly owned subsidiary of Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA). A Fortune 500 company, RGA is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions. Today, TAI is the premier provider of life reinsurance solutions in North American, with the capability of expanding to international markets. Reinsurance is global business, and TAI’s base system is flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of these new markets. TAI offers a complete software solution for the life companies to self-report all their reinsurance information; assumed, ceded or retroceded in an electronic format to share with their partners on a cost-effective basis.
The Reinsurance Analyst (RA) is an entry level position in which the candidate will independently execute upon established processes within the reinsurance administration outsourcing team with a high degree of effectiveness and quality. These functions usually entail maintaining policy or cession records on administrative systems, preparing and reviewing billing statements and reports, and handling client or reinsurance company enquiries. Often these functions are more complex in nature and will require more detailed review and analysis. This role builds upon established reinsurance administration expertise to ensure efficient delivery of quality output to reinsurers and clients.
This role provides opportunities for continued career advancement as an individual contributor for analytical problem solvers, or those who aspire to develop subject matter and/or leadership expertise in reinsurance operations.
- Review and analyze complex reinsurance administration tasks, including processing and tracking reinsurance claims, premium billing and payment, and reinsurance treaty review and maintenance.
- Maintain SLAs with client
- Ensure data quality and compliance on administration systems.
- Execute a variety of reinsurance processes utilizing the TAI system, MS Access databases and MS Excel worksheet processes.
- Participate in projects as required including data analysis and documentation.
- Respond to ad hoc internal, reinsurer, and client requests.
- College or University Degree.
- Proven knowledge of insurance and accounting concepts.
- A Self-starter with a passion to be curious
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with using database structures.
- Strong communications skills (both verbal and written), with the ability to clearly summarize complex topics
- Detail oriented with an ability to manage a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Team player with a client focus
- Ability to manage and execute business processes to completion, while demonstrating best practices, evidenced controls, and quality outcomes.
- Effective communication skills with clients and reinsurers.
- Creativity, curiosity, and a professional demeanor.
- Ensure quality work in a timely manner meeting established service level agreements and timelines.
- Independent thinker who is adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly evolving work environment.
- Aptitude toward mathematics.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Quick learner of new processes and technology.
- University degree in computer science, actuarial science, finance, or accounting.
- Previous insurance operations or financial reporting experience.
- Proficiency in MS Access, SQL, or TAI.
- Ability to work with large data sets to recognize systemic trending issues and/or data anomalies.
- Understanding of various life insurance products written in the North American market.
- Pursuing a FLMI/ACS or ARA designation from LOMA.
- Developed client service skills.
This job description is designed to cover or contain a general listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be added as required.